Position Title: Outreach Associate Job Status: Part-time 20hrs a week
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt Reporting to: Outreach Manager
Location: Santa Clara County
- Represent Maitri & provide outreach through community events, phone calls, mailings, & social media.
- Research community events, community groups, social media etc. to find new outreach opportunities.
- Develop and maintain contacts with organizations, agencies, diverse sectors of south Asian community, and volunteers that support Maitri’s services and clients.
- Assist and work with Outreach Manager on various outreach activities including but not limited to :
- Creation of Maitri’s online newsletter and Facebook posts
- Coordination of outreach and other agency events as needed
- Creation and management of outreach collateral for community events
- Coordination with volunteers and event organizers.
- Work closely with Boutique Manager to plan and execute outreach and sales events for the Boutique.
- Reach out to different communities, schools, temples, and corporations to cultivate relationships that lead to opportunities for boutique outreach events.
- Organize and manage all event details for boutique outreach such as packing outfits, table set-up, booth décor, and transportation of all items required for booth setup to and from venue.
- Assist in creation and management of outreach collateral for the agency and Boutique.
- Coordinate with volunteers and event organizers for all outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned, including working as part of a team with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work on a Tuesday-Saturday work week (20hrs/week, 5 day week) with flexibility to work some Sundays.
- Commitment to Maitri’s philosophy to end domestic violence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable with public speaking.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social media.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar web based applications is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects; detail-oriented, well-organized and flexible.
- Willing to work some evenings and/or Sundays based on event schedules, if required.
- Must be authorized to work in USA.
- Job duties require a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and ability to travel (local) for work.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the field of domestic violence and community resources.
- 40-hour domestic violence certification / or willingness to get trained.
- Direct experience in outreach, marketing, or business development.
- Flair for artistic design.
- Working knowledge of a south Asian language and culture will be a plus.
Please email with subject line saying “Outreach Associate”, your cover letter and resume to:
No Phone Calls Please