Resources for Young Adults and Teens:
- For Emergencies call 911
- Advocates for Youth http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/ Visit this site for facts on dating violence.
- Do Something http://www.dosomething.org/ – What are nine things you can do to stop school violence? Click on this link to find out.
- Teen 24-7 line: 1-888-247-7717
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Support Network for Battered Women (Teen Dating Violence Program) 1-800-572-2782 or TeenProgram@supportnetwork.org
- Next Door’s Children and Youth Program: 408.501.7566
- February is Teen Dating Violence Month – A must read for not only teens and young adults but also for parents, teachers, and any trusted adult in a family.
- Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network http://glsen.orgGLSEN is the leading national organization fighting to end anti-gay bias in K-12 schools.
- TrikoneSan Francisco Bay Area South Asian Queer (Gay/Lesbian) organization 1-415-789-7322
- Gay Youth Crisis Line: 1-800-246-7443
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention http://www.afsp.org. Visit this site for answers to teens’ questions about suicide.
- National hope line network:1800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Suicide prevention in College: http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/college-suicide-prevention/