Toll Free Helpline – 1 (888) 862-4874 (1-888-8MAITRI)
Maitri’s helpline is your first point of contact. To speak with someone, call between 9 am and 3 pm weekdays; otherwise, please leave a detailed message along with a safe phone number and safe time to reach you. Our volunteers check and respond to voice messages within 24 hours of receiving them.
If this is an emergency or you are injured, call 911 immediately. The police are here to help you. If you cannot talk, just dial 911 and don’t hang up. The police will send help immediately.
We are here to answer your call:
- If you are in an abusive situation – we can help you with safety planning and explain your options
- If you have questions – we will answer them or direct you to the appropriate source
- If you want to talk and figure out what to do – we can pair you with an individual peer counselor
- If you are looking for legal help – we can help with restraining order paperwork, preparation for court hearings and court accompaniments, referrals to attorneys, and answers to other legal questions
- If you have language issues and cannot speak English – we have volunteers speaking many South Asian languages